SAMSUNG Spinpoint HN-M101MBB/Z4 1TB

Discussion in 'Software' started by Meyjorgeeksina, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Meyjorgeeksina

Meyjorgeeksina Private E-2

Dear friends,

I bought SAMSUNG Spinpoint HN-M101MBB/Z4 1TB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive and have been trying to format it on different laptops(such as Dell XPS, Samsung, Acer and others).
    The problem is that it is never detected at all so i can not format it neither install a windows os on it to be able to use it.
    What is wrong, why it is never being detected? (i put it internally of course)
    Please help with advice, from the store i bought it they do not want refund me the money back.
    Thank you in advance

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version are you trying to install on this notebook?

Is it when you boot to the Windows DVD and try to install it will not recognise and format the HDD? if so tell us at what point and the exact message you get.

Also if you have a kind friend see if they can install the HDD into their desktop as a slave drive and format it there, as this may work, they re-install in your notebook.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds