Sanyo Xacti camera - mp4 video problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Momster, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Momster

Momster Private E-2

My boss is a clod - dropped his Xacti (Sanyo) camera and pics and movies wouldn't show on the camera - it was as if they were wiped away.

I took the SD card out and put it into a card reader - it showed no files. Using Recuva, CardRecovery and Image Rescue, I was able to recover photos just fine, but I have having a helluva time with the movies (I believe they should be mp4 files). Batch #1 recovered as .mov files and are broken into 288 kb or less parts. Batch #2 recovered as .mp4 files, but they won't play. Argh! I have tried to play in WMP and VLC.

I have tried using my son's imtoo video convert or converter something-or-other, but it produces nothing - they just play black, no sound videos. I'm thinking he's doomed...unless some wonderful geeky hero here can come up with something simple.

WARNING: I'm NOT tecky literate, but I can follow instructions well...if they are in non-tecky language! ;)

Thanks in advance!

2. Momster

Momster Private E-2

Re: Sony Xacti camera - mp4 video problem

Poo --- It's a Sanyo, not Sony!! Sorry.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I have changed the title of your thread for you so the "poo" moment can pass ;)

But try this application HERE as I have had success with it in the past, just remember to choose the recovery/save location as a HDD on your PC and not the media card.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds