Sapphire X1600 Pro 512MB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jaytungsvik, Mar 10, 2006.

1. jaytungsvik

jaytungsvik Private E-2

Hi, what do people think of this card?

A friend has asked me if its any good.

He tends to play, some games, more than I do.

Hes got an nvidia 6600gt at the mo... 128meg.
    1gig ddr333 mem
    Amd sempron processor
    300gig sata hd
    various dvdrw/cdrw

any constructive info would be great...
    Jay

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

IMO? He should keep what he has.

3. jaytungsvik

jaytungsvik Private E-2

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Because the card would be slower than what he has now.

Edit: I'm finding claims that it goes either way.

In the end though, that close of performance doesn't justify blowing money on it.

5. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

additionally, the rest of your friends system while capable, is not high end.

The only time I have seen increased video card memory increase performance is under ultra high resolutions in very graphics intense games-- when the rest of the system can keep up.

with that in mind, the 6600gt and X1600 GPU's give nearly the same performance, so as Adrynalyne said, no performance gain.

6. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Yeah, I would say it wouldn't be worth the money unless you're going to jump to at least a 6800GS.

The jump from a 6600GT to an X1600XT would only net you about a 15% gain. The X1600 Pro would be even less. Hardly noticeable. If you want the extra features of the ATI X series, save up and go with an 1800, or an nVidia 7800/7900GT.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/230/6

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds