SATA drive not showing on my computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zikatrikz, Dec 5, 2008.

1. zikatrikz

zikatrikz Private E-2

PC specifications are:
    Mobo: Intel 945gnt
    Processor: Intel Pentium D 820
    RAM: 1gb
    Video card: nvidia 8600gt 1gb
    hard drive: 1 sata 80gb, 1 ide 40gb

my sister used the computer in the morning, and when i turned on the pc this evening, the sata drive isnt showing up, this does not happen always, its the first one... i looked into the bios and the sata drive isnt showin there, my xp is installed in the ide so i can boot normally, but the sata is my problem... can anyone please help?

2. Felixmagician

Felixmagician Private E-2

So the sata-drive did work/show up earlier?
    Have you checked the sata-cable, could be disconnected/broken?

3. zikatrikz

zikatrikz Private E-2

how can it be broken? im not doing anything inside the case since at least 2 months...

4. Felixmagician

Felixmagician Private E-2

Could be disconnected, bent too much etc.

If the drive doesnt show up in BIOS, but it used to, then it's pretty much 100% sure that the problem is inside the case. Eiter the drive is broken or the cable is not working.

5. zikatrikz

zikatrikz Private E-2

ok... i will do that tomorrow morning... thanks for the response... ill be back with the results

6. zikatrikz

zikatrikz Private E-2

thank you very much... the hard drive is now working, i changed the sata cord... thank you very much

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds