SATAII optimizing and IRQ sharing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by matt8911, Aug 12, 2006.

1. matt8911

matt8911 Private E-2

Hi guys,

System specs****************************
    Pentium 4 at 3.0GHz on a GA-81945P-G gigabyte
    Western Digital harddrive WD1600JS
    Seagate 80 GB SATAI HD (storage)

1024 MB of generic ram
    GeForce 6600 gt PCI express video card
    wrapped up in a Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case(its beautiful)

1 Need to optimize my SATAII hard drive in the bios (prior to reinstall of windows??) I dont know much about this but there are settings in the bios relating to the harddrive.

2.Need to change bios settings for unused devices in order to reduce IRQ sharing. Then reinstall windows to let OS reconfigure the devices. need help picking settings to disable.
    the tweaking companion 3.1 says COM1, COM2,LPT1,game port,midi port and secondary IDE channel cand be disabled if not being used!!! Are there any more on my computer????
    3.Battlefield2 profiles need to be backed up for the reinstall of the game. or copy entire game to the second hard drive E: (which is SATAI by the way)?
    I think just the profiles right???
    Thank you in advance!!:)

2. matt8911

matt8911 Private E-2

Answer to question 1 IDE mode works just fine...
    Answer to question 2 I think you have them all..
    Answer to question 3 Yes just the profiles
    By the way did you know that your system is not a good gaming rig? :)
    See Ya

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds