Save emails to HD

Discussion in 'Software' started by alenek, Jan 13, 2004.

1. alenek

alenek Private E-2

Hi!
    Does anybody know of any program that can store emails to hd?
    Since my stored emails in my account at hotmail takes more than half of the capacity of the account i need to download them on my hd.I tried to do it with outlook but i realized that even if it downloads them on the hd,you cannot delete them from the account.

If you know of any program that can do the job please tell me.

Thanks a lot!

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

you can use Outlook Express to connect to your hotmail account and download the emails from there. Just make sure you make a hotmail archive folder and copy them to it when you want to save them. The default hotmail folder that it creates is tied to their servers.

3. alenek

alenek Private E-2

I have tried this but even if i have copied the folder i could not recover it.I saved the folder in another location but there was no way to import them back in the outlook.
    If know any way i could import them back please tell me!I didn't find any!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I do it similar to Kodo.... I setup Outlook Express to download my Hotmail & MSN mail to OE so when they are downloaded to OE I just highlight the email I want to save then pick File > Save as and save the mail to a folder of my choosing.

If you are using Outlook you can do the same just highlight the email and click File > Save as and this time where it says save as type pick Outlook Message Format and then save to folder of your choosing.

both ways above allow you to double click the file to open with the respective email program.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds