saving Outlook Express emails

Discussion in 'Software' started by firestorm1, Dec 6, 2011.

1. firestorm1

firestorm1 Private E-2

Knowing that my Windows XP Outlook Express will soon have to be replaced with Windows Live Mail or some newer, yet to be unveiled email program, I need to know how to save all those .dbx emails somewhere like My Documents or to a CD and be able to open them with a generic program like PDF or something. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. firestorm1

firestorm1 Private E-2

Thanks, tgell. I had to download and install Windows Live Mail for Windows XP and install it. It took me awhile to learn the basic use of it after downloading it on a dialup connection.
    I got all the saved mail imported from Outlook Express fine. Again, thanks for your help.:)

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

No problem and thanks for the feedback. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds