Sb audigy driver issues.

Discussion in 'Software' started by cmj2k2, Mar 5, 2006.

1. cmj2k2

cmj2k2 Private E-2

I recently bough a copy of TOCA race driver 3 and had some errors with the game that warrented updating my sound drivers. So, I went to the SB site and downloaded the latest ones. (searched by product # to make sure i got the right one)

Now none of my sound works.

I tried rolling back the driver but that did nothing because it said there are none to roll back too.

I tried searching sites for newer drivers(including the one stickied in this forum) but they all required registration or were VERY out of date.

I tried windows update(nothing, of course).

So that led me here.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

2. cmj2k2

cmj2k2 Private E-2

I uninstalled my sound card, restarted, and then installed the original drivers off of the cd that came with the soundcard. Didn't fix anything. So i went to the site and tried the auto-detect auto-update thing, it detected my sound card, installed a couple things, and I still have nothing. If i turn on an mp3 and turn the volume waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up i can faintly hear the song, but its very very muffled.

I've checked all the volume controls and nothing is doing anything.

3. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

It sounds like you might be loosing your ground in your wires from the soundcard....Check your cables and try other ones if you can....

4. cmj2k2

cmj2k2 Private E-2

Got it fixed!

Simply unchecked the "digital output only" box in the creative AudioHQ.

Relief.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds