sbs 2003 flashing taskbar and desktop icons

Discussion in 'Software' started by kjowens76, May 8, 2008.

1. kjowens76

kjowens76 Private E-2

This is my problem I'm running sbs 2003 and the taskbar and desktop icons will flash every 5 sec. At first my Task manager was also grayed out so I could not enter it. After going into regedit and changing the value back to 0 I can now enter Task manager. It seems that explorer.exe is restarting every 5 sec. I've tried the cleaning prod. that is recommended but either they don't work for sbs 2003 or they don't find anything. When I start this computer in safe mode the problem stops.

I think someone used this computer to surf the web and picked up a virus or something. The reason i think this is because when i opened IE I saw an anti-virus button on the tool bar that I did not install. After setting the IE options back to default the button went away and this problem started.

Any help would be great

Thanks John

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds