Scanguard For Slow Or Under Performing Computer?

Discussion in 'Software' started by aumaker, Oct 27, 2016.

1. aumaker

aumaker Private First Class

Are any of the Geeks familiar With ScanGuard or should it be called ScamGuard

They claim to be "The new Trick is saving people thousands in PC repair costs, enhancing your device in minutes. Claims to have real time Antivirus will Boost your system performance. Real-Time Antivirus will actively monitor your PC for harmful threats and malware 24 hours per day. Keeping you protected at all times. Also has a system booster to Boost your system performance and speed in minutes with Scanguard’s System Boost tool, making your PC as good as new in no time. Next is the advanced firewall to
    Keep yourself protected from backdoor hacking applications and trojans. Firewall stops unwanted snoopers accessing your data. They also include Security to Keep your personal data and web browsing private with our advanced VPN software.

there seems to be a free version and a $49.95 version

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

There is no free version on their website. It's based on an annual subscription.
    There are already well reviewed and well tested free security programs.
    There are also well reviewed freeware programs that deal with issues around slowness, but all they deal with are issues that can be resolved without special software.

3. StruldBrug

StruldBrug Sergeant

After running 3 different search engines, I found no track record for this product.:( I did find numerous self promoting articles by the company.:eek:
    There are many other good programs with well established histories of business and product effectiveness.:)
    If you have a low performing system, start a new thread in this or the hardware forum. Identify the equipment and operating system. Fully
    describe the system problems. You can get free help from some very technical people here.;)

4. Gaming Insider

Gaming Insider Private First Class

I unfortunately could not find anything on it either. What I did find is some of the features, like the firewall say coming soon on the website. Another thing I like to look at are the anti virus tests that are at AV-Test. That place lists many different products and how effective they are at protecting you from viruses. As for the system boost claim, there are many products out there that also do the job. Some of them, however, claim to boost the system, only to screw it up more.

5. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds