Scanner = 497Gb free Explorer = 46Gb free

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EKcorral, Nov 17, 2012.

1. EKcorral

EKcorral Private E-2

Hi,
    Scanners (Treesize, scn2 and spacemonger) show I'm using 513 Gb of my 1 Tb drive but Explorer and xplorer2 say I've only got 46Gb free.
    Spacemonger shows a big piece of disk space that isn't scanned.

I switched off Restore and, separately, shadow volume thing.
    I use avast for virus
    Using Rollback rx for system saves.

When I delete files or run ccleaner and even deleting a Rollback snapshot the size available does not increase.

Biting my nails as I near the limits of my disk space!!

Help! Gulp

2. EKcorral

EKcorral Private E-2

Some more info ...
    Windows 7 x64
    4G mem

The unscanned area by spacemonger shows two directories not scanned:
    C:\system volume information
    C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI\RtBackup

I can't access the vol info dir and the files showing in WMI dir are few and very small.

The biggest file on C: is about 6Gb

that's as far as I've got

3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I haven't reread this thread, I simply remembered it when I saw Rollback was being used. You might want to read through it to see if you find anything relevant.

I'll read through it later and see if I find anything of value to your problem.

4. sach2

Bad link. Here is the thread.

5. EKcorral

EKcorral Private E-2

Hi and thanks Sach2.

I read that post and from decided to uninstall Rollover. Prior to that I had deleted a snapshot and used their defrag snapshots process but no change in space available.

The uninstall required that I pick a snapshot to use for their uninstall process to complete, so I used one I had just taken beforehand. Then a nervous 2 hours or so of their uninstall routine and everything came back fine and ...
    I got all my lost space back!!

This is very disappointing for such a high end product (I guess you could call it that based on cost). Perhaps there was so solution within the menus but I could not find it and I wasn't prepared to investigate their support options - don't know why.

So in the post you directed me to there was doubt cast on some Lenovo(?) product. It looks like the problem is all to do with Rollover.

When I have time I'll see if Rollover have addressed this problem and or direct their attention here.

Thanks again and I hope this thread doesn't have to be of help to others!!

Cheers

6. sach2

I'm glad you got your space. :)

I'm still unclear exactly how the problem manifests itself, I've never been able to experiment with RollBackRx because of the cost. I hope if you decide you need its capabilities in the future that their support can help you get to the root of the problem. I would hope they have figured it out by now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds