Scanner Software recommendation

Discussion in 'Software' started by SenlisO, Sep 8, 2014.

1. SenlisO

SenlisO Private E-2

I have been looking for good software to use with my Samsung All-in-one. I need something that is easy to use, will let me choose between flatbed and document feeder, and something that can scan duplex on the document feeder. Do you guys have any recommendations.

The scanner software that comes with the drivers, which I believe is Window's scanner software, doesn't work very well. It scans one document at a time and then the program closes. I am hoping you guys know of something a bit more functional than that.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, SenlisO. Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

What model of Samsung AIO do you have? On the install CD/DVD, is there by any chance some additional software that you may have missed?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. SenlisO

SenlisO Private E-2

I have a Samsung CLX-6260FW. I installed the Printer-scanning driver I found on the support website (I don't have the CD anymore). This installed everything I needed, including the WIA drivers for scanning, but no specific scanning software. My computer uses the scanning program that comes included with Windows. I'm not sure if Samsung provides a program and I just missed it.

5. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

Looking at your software page http://www.samsung.com/us/support/s...&prd_mdl_cd=&prd_mdl_name=CLX-6260FW#software I don't see anything that looks like what you're asking. It's possible that another program comes with the scanner/printer that does all that. Have you contacted Samsung and asked them directly?

If you can't find a solution you could try PaperscanFree at http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/printing_tools.html which needs the drivers and WIA installed already to work. There's also Vuescan but it's not free. That can be found at http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/graphic_utilities_(miscellaneous).html

6. plodr

Samsung has software
    [​IMG]
    You need to click the software tab to see what is available.

7. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

Again, I don't see anything that does what they're asking for.
    "Easy Deployment Manager is a useful installation method for administrators. Using this software, administrators can make their own installation packages for distribution. Installation package can consist of driver files, driver configuration information and applications (e.g. Easy Printer Manager)."

8. plodr

Scanners come with software. The OP has stated he/she only loaded drivers. That is not enough. A look around Samsung's site should get the scanning software that was included on the CD that came with the hardware. It is best to get the scanning software that came with the scanner from the manufacturer and not depend on Windows/Microsoft for this.
    Like this: Scan OCR program (Software) (ver.V1.01.10) or Easy Printer Manager (Software) (ver.V1.05.51.00) listed further down on the software page. that I took a small snippet from.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds