Scanner won't scan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by training4life, May 30, 2006.

1. training4life

training4life Sergeant

The thing with my scanner is that the one inside the glass thing won't move. I don't know what to do. Please help me!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

What type of scanner, make and model number/version please?

Does it get power, any lights illuminate?

have you tried to unplug and re-plug it back in, including USB connection ( or if not USB the parallel cable ) IF its USB, then unplug all USB items apart from the Scanner, Mouse, Keyboard ( if USB ) and try again.

next, un-install the Scanner software and driver, re-boot and re-install the softwware and drivers again.

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

It's not locked is it?

I installed a scanner one day & forgot to remove the lock that is used for transport. It tried to move but....:eek:

4. training4life

training4life Sergeant

What happen? Also... I'll try what you said Halo.

5. training4life

training4life Sergeant

The problem is my adaptor... :(

6. MANICMINER

MANICMINER Private E-2

my scanners adaptor gave up, i'm now using my old adaptor i used to power my speakers same voltage.
    You got any power adaptors u dont use check their voltage and whether the postive and negtive are correctly oriented to the original plug.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds