Scanning a book and editing

Discussion in 'Software' started by bocaj, Nov 13, 2007.

1. bocaj

bocaj Private First Class

A friend would like to somewhat get some documents scanned and be able to edit them on her computer. At the moment she's typing them out, then going back and editing everything, which is obviously time consuming.

I suggested she scan the pages and then edit them as a PDF file in an editor.

Or, is there any other more simple way of doing things?

2. toehead410

toehead410 Corporal

Many scanners come with software that will scan and convert a document to editable text. Does she have such a creature? I have a recent model HP All-In-One that includes this as well as other quite handy scan options.
    I think, editing as a PDF could be costly unless she already has software that can edit a PDF. I would suggest scanning to OpenOffice, editing then saving as PDF.

Not an expert here, but that's what I would consider. Good Luck!

Jason

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds