Scanning to network folder on SAN

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by motc7, Feb 28, 2011.

1. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

I have been having some problems with scan jobs being severely delayed when scanning to a network folder. First of all, we have eliminated the scanners as the culprit from our vendor.

We have our scanjobs folder stored on a SAN and basically we noticed recently that someone would scan a document, and then it would never show up in the scanjobs folder for that user. Most of the time, users had a shortcut to their scanjobs folder on their desktop is where the job would not show.

However, if they opened my computer, and then drilled down through the network folders, the scanjob would be there. But then that stopped happening. But If I went through and drilled down through the network folders, I would see the job there, then the user would go back and do the same and they could see it finally.

What am I missing here?

2. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

Did you get this figured out? I have something similar going on and have been running the possibilities around for a while now. If I didn't hate this ridiculous system so much, i might even mention the name of the biggest postage meter company that has attached it's name to this system. Not good. I hear the IRS uses it to, that explains something.

3. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

we are still having problems with this, and it's been a year later. Anyone got an idea?

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

Not sure if I can help, but, what kind of SAN? EMC? OS (xp, vista, 7)? On the SAN side, do you have a utility that can diagnose the performance?

Does this happen with everyone, or just some?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds