Screen either going black for a few seconds, or screen freezes and i have to restart

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RainbowDash, May 10, 2014.

1. RainbowDash

RainbowDash Private E-2

600W power supply
    i3
    550 Ti
    16 gb of ram (but im running 32 bit)

Like the title says, my screen will randomly go black and then after a little bit come back, or it will stay on and freeze and my sound will stop. No new drivers for my gfx card and i've ran malware bytes multiple times.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Re: Screen either going black for a few seconds, or screen freezes and i have to rest

Hi

very likely from your description you have a faulting application or driver, for a crash and then recovery, seems possibly explorer.exe is closing and restarting. Is there a sequence to this or just random.

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using? is it upto date update wise?
    What make and model of PC are you using, Dell, HP etc?

If you boot into Safe Mode (F8 at boot and choose Safe Mode with networking) do you get the same random issue?

I would possibly suspect your graphics driver and do update that. If you then still get the same then its likely a running program you have, in which safe mode may help trace it down. So disable all startups and reboot and is your PC ok, if so enable and reboot one at a time to find the cause.

3. RainbowDash

RainbowDash Private E-2

Re: Screen either going black for a few seconds, or screen freezes and i have to rest

It is completely random, my pc was made by myself, no new drivers for the 550ti.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds