Screen Hunter

Discussion in 'Software' started by howard51, Feb 15, 2009.

1. howard51

howard51 Private E-2

I moved my Screen Hunter files to a folder in MyDocs to get them off the Desktop. When I did, the .db file was created. Why and what is it? When I clicked on it, the Caution window appeared. What's that about?

Attached Files:

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thumbs.db is just a file containing thumbnails of pictures in that folder. Windows creates one in every folder that contains pictures to speed things up rather than creating thumbnails from scratch each time you open a folder. Nothing to worry about and it takes up very little space. It is usually a hidden file so you shouldn't even notice it if you choose to not see hidden files.

3. howard51

howard51 Private E-2

Thanks...

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You're welcome. I should have added it is not dangerous to delete it but it will just be recreated the next time you open the folder. So best to ignore it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds