Screen is fuzzy and corrupted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by laserforce, May 11, 2005.

1. laserforce

laserforce Private E-2

My screen works perfectly fine when i use the standard VGA graphics in safe mode ;but when i use catalyst 5.4 or the drivers that came with my orginal ati drivers disk my screen becomes fuzzy and corrupted :eek:

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

3. laserforce

laserforce Private E-2

k i went to my friends house's internet to set up this question on afew websites to see some other people's input because my ISP said they would set up internet in a week and they will be coming tomorrow to do that =).

So i writed the driver cleaner program onto a CD-RW disk ran to my house cleaned the drivers and went into Award BIOS discovered it read PCI/AGP video seqence so i reversed it to AGP/PCI it booted up fine then crashed so i got fed up and deformated the harddrive aka nuked the data stored there. Installed windows XP home edition from # nailed on back of computer.

My computer booted up fine with the Standard Drivers from Microsoft that worked fine for abit played some games then got my cd to install the latest catalyst drivers. Works fine now no extreme fuzzyness & instableness.

Now can someone tell me the best method/program/drivers i can use to accelerate my computer to run faster im considering using customized omega drivers along with a few overclocking tools with some rubbing alchol to clean the fans. Just trying to see how i can speed up my 1.6 ghz CPU, 1 gig RAM, 9800 Pro 256 mb agp 4x card running more efficiently. Got some of the memory leaks patched up with windows registry repair pro & spyware is kept to a minimal with Ad-Aware.

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

You dont need a program to overclock your cpu you simply increase the fsb and voltages untill it becomes unstable,read the overclocking sticky in the overclocking section.to overclock your vid card just increase the frequencies with the omega drivers,then with each increase run a version of 3dmark to look out for graphical anomolies,they are an indication of pushing the card too far,find out the core speed overclock then move on to the memory,although the memory will seem to overclock high without anomolies,you can start to loose performance as the memory makes mistakes the score in 3dmark will show you the limit and show you how much extra performance you have gained,so run it before and after the tweaks to make sure you are improving things.

Also check your memory timings are the fastest they will achieve,there is usually a sticker on them somewhere with something that looks like this 3-3-3-8.the numbers can be checked in bios,your gaol is to bring them down,the most inportant being the first one cas latency try 2.5 then if your lucky 2,then work on the others.

5. laserforce

laserforce Private E-2

Woops you got me there >< can some one please tell me which option on the Bios Menus for @Award Bios it is i can't seem to find it >< someone please find me a guide.

6. laserforce

laserforce Private E-2

What i meant to say is how do you change the voltage of your devices in BIOS or anywhere else anyway what do you mean that overclocking is unnessary? I know it fuzzes up my screen alittle bit untill someone points out where is it on the bios menu im going to go nutts :eek:

7. laserforce

laserforce Private E-2

Hello how do you increase Fsb's and Voltages i can't seem to find it on the BIOS menu only seems to list boot options and abunch of other useless dump.

Please reply as soon as i can im sorry if i disturbed you

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds