Screen Overlay

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by Anon-fe04a256cf, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Anon-fe04a256cf

Anon-fe04a256cf Anonymized

My Sister has a Galaxy s7 Android Cell Phone.

When she trys to use the Uber App it tells her to Turn off Screen Overlay.

I go into Settings.
    Then Apps.
    Then Apps Manager.

I then locate the Uber App I want to turn the screen overlay Off for and Tap it.

It then Brings me to the Uber Settings.

I see nothing here for Turn Off screen overlay.

Even if I go into Permistions.

Can anyone help??

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. Anon-fe04a256cf

Thanks for the help.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You're welcome ;)

5. Anon-fe04a256cf

I did what you say and it works. But a lot off Apps won't let you mass with screen overlay. Is there any way to Turn Off screen overlay All together on the cell phone?

Thanks.

6. juned

juned Private E-2

To be true Screen Overlay is basic feature used by almost every application.
    Messenger Chat Head, Inbox Messages Preview and Whatsapp Messages Popups are all example of screen overlay feature, so you cant uninstall all application to resolve Screen Overlay Detected popups on your device...
    You just need to manually turn off screen overlay of all applications in your device, Follow following settings to turn off screen overlay of android application:
    > Settings
    >Application Manager
    >Click on Three Dots (Top right corner) & Select Draw Over Other Apps
    >Turn off screen overlay of all apps one by one
    This must solve the issue of screen overlay in your device...
    If this isn't solving screen overlay issue in your device or you haven't got my answer then refer to below reference:
    https://wildtricks.com/screen-overlay-detected-solve-problem-android-device/

Tater likes this.
  7. Devid

Devid Private E-2

@juned You forgot to turn off screen overlay of System App after the step no 4. For some it may work without turning off screen overlay of system apps but for some it may not work. If you didn't get what I mean then you can refer to below official source:
    https://screenoverlaydetected.com/

juned likes this.
  8. juned

juned Private E-2

@Devid Thanks for pointing me...
    After step 4 We need to again tap on More and then select show system apps and then turn off screen overlay of all apps.....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds