Screen refresh rate too slow at start-up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tlledet, Sep 25, 2005.

1. tlledet

tlledet Private E-2

I want to boot into safe mode. My monitor takes too long to refresh. By the time Im suppose to have let go of the Ctrl. key, my system is starting normally and I missed starting in safe mode. I remember reading something on speeding up the monitor but, It was a long time ago.
    If you think this may help, Im running ME on a Dell Dimension 4100. It's a Dell P780 monitor. Display adapter is NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 Model 64.
    Directions to a fix will be appreciated. Thanks from me to you.

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I'm not quite sure of your exact problem and I have never used windows ME but to start in safe mode ocassionally tap F8 during startup not control. :cool:

3. tlledet

tlledet Private E-2

Thanks! Found out shortly after the post. I use XP most of the time. ME hardly ever. So....got it going in safe mode did the fixes. Appreciate the reply, though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds