Screen Resolution Issue : Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by Slovakiani, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Slovakiani

Slovakiani Private E-2

I have an old Compaq Presario F700 laptop which I use solely to run emulators on. It runs Windows Vista, and I've never had much of a problem with it, besides a relatively slow startup. It is clean of viruses, at least according to my last scan of AVG and Malwarebytes.

The battery died while I had been using a Project 64 emulator the other day, and his been stuck in a super tiny screen resolution ever since.

Now normally, I'd find that particularly easy to fix--but this time, everything -else- didn't shrink with it. I can right click my desktop, go to display settings, and I can't get to my monitor resolution adjustment bar because I can't pan the window far enough onto screen.

I had the bright idea of plugging a second monitor into the VGA port in the side of my computer, and managed to change my resolution then, but as soon as I disconnected the second monitor, it reverted to it's tiny state again. I'm not quite sure what to do for this problem, and my google searches aren't turning up much about it.

I will also be at school for a majority of today, I'm taking my Finals for the year. I will check in and respond when I can.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

This might work for you to be able to move the window up far enough to see the monitor adjustment bar.
    1. Press alt+spacebar
    2. Press M and a 4 sided-arrow appears
    3. Use the up arrow key to move the window up (all movement of the window is done with the arrow keys)
    4. Once the window is at a position so you can see the adjustment bar, press the enter key to hold it in this position. You can then use the keyboard and mouse as you normally do to work on the screen adjustment.

3. Slovakiani

Slovakiani Private E-2

The solution was so simple I was tempted to slap myself.

Connect to a second monitor

Run the emulator

Run a game

Fullscreen the emulator

Disconnect the second monitor

Close the emulator

Fixed my situation perfectly. I'll keep your advice in mind though for the next time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds