screen resolution won't change back after "Princess Bride Game"

Discussion in 'Software' started by GrammawNewbie, Jul 11, 2008.

1. GrammawNewbie

GrammawNewbie Private E-2

I've sifted thru a few hundred Thread titles in Software and Games about how to change resolution back, but haven't figured this out. This one seemed pertinent but I can't make heads nor tails of it.

Problem: downloaded and installed "Princess Bride Game" and it works fairly well, but when I exit, the screen rez remains set to 1024x 768 instead of my usual, preferred 1280 x 768. I can't figure out how to make it tell my computer to go back to the normal size. I can't find a way to change the display settings to 1280 when I right-click the icon.

The game site supposedly has tech support, but it freezes every time I try to register, so that I can't access the support chat.

I don't know what info is pertinent: I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop with Win XP (SP2) and I think this is the video card (?) ATI mobility radeon 9600 Pro Turbo.

I suppose we can just switch the settings after playing every time, but it seems we should be able to make it revert to the normal display by itself.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds