Screensaver Settings Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oooops!, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi!

I may have missed or messed up a setting.

I recently changed settings so that pictures are taken from "My Screensaver" folder to display as my screensaver. I have the screensaver set to start after 15 minutes. My computer screen used to go black/turn off after 30 minutes, with the computer still running.

Now,.... my screensaver comes on after 15 minutes, shows pictures for a few minutes, then it goes right back to showing the web page that I was viewing, with no activity on my behalf (eg. moving the mouse). It continues like this, screensaver on and off without activity on my behalf, and my monitor no longer turns off after 30 minutes.

How can I get the seting back to the screensaver displayed at 15 minutes, then with the monitor going black/off after 30 minutes of inactivity?
    clear as mud? lol

2. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

HI!
    Try this:
    Right click your desktop and select 'Properties'
    On the 'Screen Saver' tab
    Select your screen saver and set 'Wait' to 15 mins.
    Then click 'Power' at the bottom
    Set 'Turn off Monitor' to 30 mins (or whatever time you want)
    Click OK>OK again.
    You may have to restart for the changes to work.
    Hope it works!
    :)

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

right click desktop ...properties...desktop ...customize desktop ...and on the web tab, uncheck the web page box.

4. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

This is what I've been doing without much luck.
    Thank you for your suggestion.
    :)

5. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

Bummer.
    Are you still using these pictures as a screen saver?
    Perhaps you should try using a Windows screensaver (3D Flower Box for example) to see if that clears things up.
    :confused:

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

right click desktop ...properties...desktop ...customize desktop ...and on the web tab, uncheck the web page box.:) :)

7. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hummmm, it was already unchecked?
    Well, I don't know what to say. Thanks guys for your ideas.

:confused:

8. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi!
    Yes, I'm still using my own pictures from a personal folder.

I will switch over to the Windows screensaver and see what happens. I guess the computer needs to be tricked sometimes, eh? lol
    Thank you very much...........
    ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds