Screwed up Internet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ghosty_117, May 21, 2008.

1. ghosty_117

ghosty_117 Private E-2

So heres my problem, my home uses wireless internet, and my main desktop can conect to the internet, but if I go on the browser no pages will be able to load, if I use aim or msn they wont conect, and if I try to play any games they wont conect. Now other wise all the other computers in the house dont have this problem, So I dont know what the problem is computer or something in the internet blocking my acsess.

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Roll back any change made to this particular computer that's not connecting. You can try these as admin:

start, run, cmd
    ipconfig /freshdns
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    restart pc

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Which Windows OS are you using?

If you have a 3rd party firewall installed, what it it and have you disabled it to see if this is blocking your internet connection?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds