Scrolling in waves after Windows install

Discussion in 'Software' started by Judy711, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy711

Judy711 Private E-2

I had to reinstall or do a repair install windows xp pro because it wouldn't even load. Something about a missing or corrupt file...

Anyways after a day of install and fixing the desktop to look normal, deleting AVG and reinstalling it and getting windows to stop telling me I need updates - I'm left with one problem:

Any page I open, Firefox, IE, or even a word document the scroll doesn't work right and looks like its moving in waves and jumpy.

I've tried clicking/unclicking smooth scroll in options, there's nothing in my mouse settings to fix it.

I think it has something to do with my video card driver but that's where I'm at a loss and become totally ignorant. Windows doesn't recognize a name for it and I think is using a generic driver?

If someone could help, I'd really appreciate it.
    ~getting seasick

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Your video card drivers are not installed, or properly working. For smooth scrolling, and not that constant redraw that you are seeing, you need the hardware acceleration provided by your video card.

First, make sure your motherboard chipset drivers are installed and up to date.
    Then, do the same with video drivers.

If you don't know how to do tis, or where to get the drivers, please post all of your system information, preferably a make and model of your computer. If you don't know that, then we need the motherboard information, as well as the video card information.

3. Judy711

Judy711 Private E-2

I would if I knew where to get the motherboard or video card information.
    Sorry. A little help here? I dislike XP, was a fan of Me.

Its a home-made pc.
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    AMD Athlon Xp Processor 1700+
    1.47 GHz ,512 MB of RAM

4. spicer69

spicer69 Private E-2

Got the same problem....arrggghhh

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Please start a new thread of your own and give us as much info as possible, maninly which Windows Version you using and what Graphic Card do you have, plus have you updated your Graphic Card Drivers to possibly help resolve this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds