Sd-501 Sdio Gps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by travelling_man, Nov 9, 2005.

1. travelling_man

travelling_man Private E-2

I recently bought this GPS device and fitted it to a HP IPAQ 5550 running Pocket PC 2003 Prem.

The device locks on as after a short period the red LED begins to flash (from its initial solid state). However, I cannot interface it to the IPAQ.

If I run the GPSInfo software I cannot see the port that the installation manual refers to (COM7: MANF-0501-CARDID) I have downloaded and re-installed using the latest SDGPS4bit.exe driver but still no improvement.

I have contacted the manufacturer who because they do not recognise the supplier I bought from want to charge for tech support, but all the supplier does is tell me to go to the manufacturer.... Not good for repeat business if you ask me - I just bought where I knew I could get!!!!

Thanks in advance! Anybody please advise as its driving me nuts!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds