SD Card is dead!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Henry Hunk, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Henry Hunk

Henry Hunk Private E-2

Hello,

I have a dead SD Card which contains around 560 pictures and i need to retrive all. Actually the card has be broken physically at the edge. Is there any way to recover the data's within the SD card?

Regards,

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Welcome to the forum:)If the connector end is broken you may get away with making a connection with some loose wire to an sd port,this would be task for a seasoned solderer as your dealing with tiny connections in a small area and any excess heat would damage the chip even more.

If the actually memory chip is broken then there's no way to retrieve the data,by no way I mean even if you took it to the best forensic data recovery company in the world they couldn't do it.

Sorry the news isn't better.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds