SD cards no longer being recognized

Discussion in 'Software' started by silverlake69, Jan 22, 2014.

1. silverlake69

silverlake69 Private E-2

I had 2 different cards in, and checked their photos. I knew to click on the icon on the bottom, clicked on the device, and then clicked on eject. Now neither card is being recognized in My Computer. I'm afraid to try my 3rd card. I tried restarting the computer, but no change. Are the cards toast? Data lost? How did this happen and what should I do? Probably dumping IE 7 tomm.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

What is the make and model of your pc? What version of Windows are you running (including Service Pack)? You mention IE7 so, I'm presuming you're running Vista.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Are you using an internal or external sd card reader?
    If internal, reboot the computer then try the same two cards again.

oops, I see you have already rebooted.

Are the cards recognized in the camera?

4. silverlake69

silverlake69 Private E-2

I'm running Windows 7 Home Edition with Service Pack 1 and IE7. The computer is an HP p6610f. It is an internal reader and I did try rebooting the computer. It's frustrating that it worked to initially read them and then in the same sitting they weren't recognized. At least I was able to put the cards in a laptop and they worked there, so my deer pictures aren't lost.

5. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

Remove all of the SD cards.
    Run USBDeview
    Find the card(s) in the list.
    Right click > Uninstall selected device
    It should now reinstall the driver when you put the card in the reader.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds