Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 400GB 3.5" Serial ATA150 Hard Drive with NCQ - OEM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GuitarRon89, Dec 4, 2005.

1. GuitarRon89

GuitarRon89 Private E-2

I really want to buy one of these, I saw it on NewEgg.com for a bargain of only $220, but I have some concerns on whether or not it would be compatible with my computer. I bought a Linksys WMP54G a few months ago (not that that is particularly relavent) and we had to take the shell off and whatnot. I decided to ask for one for Christmas but my mom seems less than a little enthusiastic about it. The hard drive that came with my computer originally had 32.6 GB, but after all the Windows and HP software additions, not to mention about a hundred CD's and several video games, it's down to only 3.6 GB- which is still a lot, I think, but I would like one with a lot more memory for more video games and stuff that I plan on purchasing later on (I plan on keeping this machine through college where I will probably need a lot of memory since I'm going in for digital media arts) and a lot more RAM (see last comment in parenthesis), my computer can run extremely slow at times (like everyone else's.) I thought I would just consult the people that know about this stuff best before I go and make a potential mistake. Here is the hard drive. Any help and information is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ron

2. funky munky

funky munky Staff Sergeant

Its a nice drive but as you have only just used a 5gb drive dont you think it might be a bit big if i were you i would buy a 200gb and use the money you save to get some RAM.

3. GuitarRon89

GuitarRon89 Private E-2

But where would I buy some RAM? I looked up RAM on NewEgg and I got nothing but heatsinks or whatever.

4. funky munky

5. funky munky

Also do you know what conectors you have in your pc for drive because that hard drive is a SATA and if you have anything else like IDE then it will not be compatable also you will need to check that your power supply will support another hard drive although that really shouldn't be a problem it is always best to check.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds