Seagate Free Agent Pro 500 GB Hard Drive Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by superstar, Nov 25, 2007.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

I just bought a free agent pro 500 giger cuz my drive is dying. I would like to know if I have to use the software that comes on the drive. If not how will my drive work? Like a normal copy and paste drive?

Anyone have experience or anything with these drives and their software to tell me if it's good or not. Personally I just want to copy and paste stuff when I want to my free agent. I haven't plugged it in yet so please let me know what's the best thing to do.

2. padams

padams First Sergeant

If you just completely format the drive it'll get rid of the free agent software (I think) and then it'll be like a normal 500 gig external hdd.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds