Seagate GoFlex freeagent Portable Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jersuha, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jersuha

jersuha Private E-2

My daughter gave me a Seagate GoFlex freeagent Portable Hard drive for Christmas as I have many files that I would like to store and share. The problem is that I us a HP Pavilion 6465 and the usb port on it is not fast enough. When trying to set up the hard drive it tells me I must install a 2.0 or 3.0 USB. Is that something that can be done on this computer and if so how. I use XP Home 2002 Service pack 2. The processor Intel Celeron with 434 MHZ, 256 MB Ram. It has had the hard drive changed and also has a 2nd hard drive. The main drive has 64.4 GB free.

Thanks for any help you may give me. :)

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    The backup software that Seagate put on the drive needs USB 2 or 3. You could add a USB PCI card. Just be sure you have an available slot.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Microsoft stopped support for SP2 in July which means you will not get any security updates. To keep your computer safe and patched, especially on the internet, you need to install SP3. MS will continue to offer updates for XP Home and Pro SP3 through July 2014.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds