Seagate GoFlex Setup problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by radiohead_1, Apr 3, 2011.

1. radiohead_1

radiohead_1 Private E-2

Hey guys,

I've recently purchased a GoFlex hard drive for backup storage on my home network. It's an external hard drive connected to my wireless modem via ethernet, which (ideally) is accessible by any device on the wireless network. I've inserted the CD, followed the instructions, and got it working on one of two laptops.

The second laptop is having issues. I've inserted the CD, followed the same steps, but it cannot seem to find the GoFlex device.

1) I've confirmed that both laptops are on the same network and the same workgroup.
    2) I've tried connecting laptop #2 directly via ethernet to the modem, but even then it cannot find the device.

I'm looking for suggestions here. If any details about OS, router, or device is required, then I'll be happy to post.

Thanks for the help!

2. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As a test disable any 3rd party Firewall and Antivirus you have and run the setup disk again to see if the xHDD is found.

Try the solving problems options HERE

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds