Seagate Travan 20 driver needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by pistolpost, Aug 6, 2013.

1. pistolpost

pistolpost Private E-2

I need help getting the driver for an old Seagate Travan 20 tape reader/recorder, usb connection. The model number (I think) is STT6201U. Another number on the unit is TC3700-011. It is circa early 2000's, most likely 2003 or so.

Or, if there is anyone out there that still is using this tape drive on an operating machine (as ancient as it would be), I would like to know. I have tapes that need to be copied to readable media.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I don't know if this will help, but it's worth a try — go to the Seagate Technology - Download Finder page, put in the required information (serial number, model or part number [STT6201U], select your country, agree to the terms, enter the two CAPTCHA words and click Submit Query. Hopefully, you'll find something.

There are still a lot of those tape drives available for sale. I even saw one with software CDs on a Dutch or German website (I don't know which language it was in).

3. pistolpost

pistolpost Private E-2

Thanks, mdonah, especially for the very speedy reply. I went the course of going directly to the source for a driver. Seagate sold it's Travan segment of the business to Quantum. Quantum has put this particular driver on the "end of service" list and is no longer supplying any support for them. Na, nothing.

Your suggestion of actually buying one that has the driver is probably my only recourse. Will continue looking in that direction.;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds