1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search engine Takeover?

Discussion in 'Malware Removal' started by RivaCom, May 21, 2005.

1. RivaCom

RivaCom Private E-2

There seems to be something, whenever I search though a search engine, no matter if its msn, dogpile, google, yahoo. The first page is always ads unrelated to teh search, while the second page is a little better, still holds results that I would not normally get. I am running xp home edition sp2, i run hjt, adaware, and spybot quite often but without success to solving the problem. Any suggestions?
  2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

[​IMG] Download HijackThis 1.99.1

[​IMG] Unzip the hijackthis.exe file to a folder you create named C:\Program Files\HJT

[​IMG] Do NOT run Hijack This from the Desktop, a temp folder, or a sub-folder of C:\Documents and Settings, or choose to run it directly from the ZIP file as your backups will not be safely stored.

[​IMG]Before running HijackThis: You must close each of the following:your web browser, e-mail client, instant messenger, and programs like notepad, wordpad, MS Word etc. And any other unnecessary running programs.

[​IMG]Run HijackThis and save your log file.

[​IMG] Post your log as an ATTACHMENT to your next post. (Do NOT copy/paste the log into your post as it will be removed).

[​IMG]Need help with HJT? See this thread: NO HIJACK THIS LOG FILES BEFORE READING THIS: HJT Tutorial & LOG File Posting