...search multiple html pages.

Discussion in 'Software' started by painface, Sep 14, 2003.

1. painface

painface Private E-2

...this is what i need to do, i need to make a database of sorts and i would like a search box that will search multiple html pages, is this possible and if so can someone guide me to where i can learn how to do this.......

2. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

The best way to do this would probably through a search engine using a specific terms, ie, "site: blah.com inurl: /database Where is my lunch" This is what I would personally do. You could load up an SQL database and put in the stuff and search it but I think this is too complex for your purposes... What do you need to do?

3. painface

painface Private E-2

...it's just an off-line thing for my aunt, she has hundreds of movies and wants to list and catalog all of them.

4. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

Wouldn't it be easier to just CTRL+F them?

5. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Or just make an Access database?

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I 2nd the access db idea.. it would take only the initial set up to make it worth her while.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds