SecuniaPSI

Discussion in 'Software' started by oma, Jan 23, 2013.

1. oma

oma MajorGeek

I've used SecuniaPSI v 2 for years. Now I find out that it won't work anymore. (connection?) Just staring at a blank screen when trying to initialize it. Then it gives me options to have Windows look for the cause.

Question: Does the above program need Java as I did delete Java some time ago?

No, I won't use SecuniaPSI anymore if it does require Java. I'm sick and tired of Java.

PS: I always had Secunia installed as a manual software, no icon in the taskbar unless I ran it. TIA

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

No, the latest Secunia does not need Java. Have you tried to uninstall/ reinstall ??

3. oma

oma MajorGeek

You mean Secunia version 3? I remember to have read that there were lots of problems with that one version and therefore avoided it. Yes, I've uninstalled v 2 already and will try version 3 and will see if that one works okay.

4. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

5. oma

oma MajorGeek

6. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Just to clarify re v2, I don't have the Java RE on any of my systems either but Secunia v2 is running normally. I had v3 for a while but it's just for dummies imo.

7. oma

oma MajorGeek

Earthling, I agree with your sentiment about version 3.

I just read on another forum that Secunia had server problems today. Impatient me! Anyway, their server seems to be working again when I installed and scanned with Secunia PSI v 3.

8. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Just to clarify: PSI does not require JRE; OSI does.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds