Securing a Video

Discussion in 'Software' started by keeferj2, Apr 22, 2011.

1. keeferj2

keeferj2 Private First Class

I've got a DVD with a copyrighted video (VOB format) that I am trying to get permission to put on our compan server so employees can all view (24/7 operation) at their convenience. The owner wants insurances that the video isn't copied or placed out on the internet. I know that it isn't possible to do it with absolute certainty but I'm looking for some ideas on what is feasible and inexpensive.

We use Windows XP. The video players are VLC or WMP. I'd be willing to convert the VOB to AVI or FLV if I thought it would help.

Would streaming it to the employees limit abilities to copy or save? I know Firefox has addons that will capture streaming video. I don't have the first clue how to stream a video and would need assistance with that as well.

Any ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds