Security Center is not opening and firewall is missing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Purplelily, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Purplelily

Purplelily Private E-2

Hi, I have a HP with Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 64 bit OS. When I click on Windows Security Center on my PC is says, "SC can't be started".
    When I click on the Firewall nothing happens. When I click on Windows defender, messages say Windows Defender application failed to initialize 0x80070006, the handle is invalid.

I really need some help to correct this. I have been reading and learning from Major Geeks for a while now and I downloaded the Panda Cloud Antivirus. It is showing there are no security problems at this moment. Previously I had AVG antivirus, I unistalled it before installing Panda.

I ran the Malwarebytes AntiMalware and deleted the threats found.

Can someone please help me? Thank you.

2. Purplelily

Purplelily Private E-2

Hello again, I did want to add that I followed the steps in Vista Malware removal/clean procedure and I have attached the logs for Rogue Killer,Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes. I was not able to run MGtools because I get an error message telling me it is not a valid Win 32 application.

I am a bit desperate and would truly appreciate some help!
    Thank you!
    :cry

Attached Files:

3. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

First lets Check to make sure the Security Center is on.

Ok lets go into Services And find out if its started.

1. Click Start, and then type services in the Search box.
    2. In the Programs list, click Services.
    3. In the details pane, right-click Security Center, and then click Properties.
    4. In the Startup type drop-down list, click Automatic.
    5. Then in Serivce status Click on Start.
    6. Then Click on Apply then OK.

While your in the Properties click on Dependencies.
    There are Two Dependencies in Xp but not sure if there are in vista.
    Click on The Tab Dependencies to see if there are two other depends needed for this to run.
    If there not running then try and restart them too.

4. Purplelily

Purplelily Private E-2

Ok I just did this in Vista it is Security Accounts Manager and it shows in the depends files but no option to choose I just clicked on ok.

It said: "this service depends on the following system components: RPC
    and the second one The following system components depend on this service.
    they are: Distruibuted Transaction Coordinator, KTmRm for Distributed Transaction Coordinator and Server.

I went into the Security Center and stills shows it can not be started.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  5. Purplelily

Purplelily Private E-2

I replied in quote and am not sure if that is the correct way to respond. I just noticed. But followed your instructions.

Also I did run the MG tools and have the log for it.

Thanks

6. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

7. Purplelily

Purplelily Private E-2

Ok I have already done that so I will post it in that section.

Thank you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds