Security Task Manager

Discussion in 'Software' started by LordKuji, Jul 10, 2007.

1. LordKuji

LordKuji Private E-2

A friend told me about this program, And I was wondering if anyone had any info about it, and if it would be a help to anyone on the forums. Info would be nice, Thanks in advance.

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes its a useful application to run for two things one to check running applications against known potential malware software and two to help diagnose which application maybe slowing your PC by using excessive CPU cycles ( % )

BUT care is needed in knowing what that software says is dangerous for not, the ratings are ok, but its best to also do your own research on what it highlights as as risk, for instance many of those items rated 42, if you delete these then much of your hardware will not work, and eMule is a low risk while the application is OK the risk comes from what your downloading, which to me should have that app with a higher risk factor.

So care is to be taken with its Rating of Risk,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds