Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Maynard, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Maynard

Maynard Private E-2

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)

I am unable to get this update installed to my system. The update Icon is on the taskbar and when I click it, it shows that update waiting to be installed. I allowed it to install but within about 30 seonds or so I get a message that the update was not installed and no reason given.

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Simple things first, reboot, clear temp files using a program like crap cleaner. Then try again.

3. Maynard

Maynard Private E-2

Tried That, oh at least a dozen times or so.

I even tried the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. Used Registry Mechanic to repair the registry aslo, checked that the protected files were all intact, ran all the programs in the malware section to make sure the HD was free of defects, ran the windows error ck, defraged, didn't stand on my head yet though.

4. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

5. Maynard

Maynard Private E-2

Ok, it still didn't take, the error message was that the program it was updating did not exist or was corrupted. Since I thought that meant the version 1 was corrupted I went and deleted that one as well and rebooted and when the updater came up I tried to reinstall both version 1 and 2. Neither would take. I then went to the address you provided and downloaded the V1 and V2 updates and tried them manually. Neither would install so now I have both the security update for MS framework V1/V2 that are not installing. Neither one shows up on the list of installed programs anymore either. I am going to try adding from the XP/SP2 disk next and see if that does anything.

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

7. Maynard

Maynard Private E-2

That worked for Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365), but Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366) is now refusing to install. I used that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and it no longer shows in that program but I can see it and the 1.1 hot fix in the Add Remove Programs. When I click on the primary it asks if I want to uninstall and then errors out by saying that action is only valid for currently installed programs. If I click on the 1.1 hotfix it immediately errors out as a missing or corrupt file. Is there a dotnetfx.exe for the 1.1 file or should I just click the box the tells MS Update to no longer notify me about the update?

8. Maynard

Maynard Private E-2

Forgot to mention Thanks for getting 2,0 up and running. Still looking for resolution on 1.1 since MS Update is trying to feed it to me.

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds