Seeking Photo Crop (into raindrop shape) and Border Freeware

Discussion in 'Software' started by distractablemom, Apr 23, 2011.

1. distractablemom

distractablemom Private E-2

I'm hoping this thread is in the right place:confused

Using photos (headshots) of each of the children in my daughter's 1st grade class I need to:
    1. Cut out or Crop the photo into a raindrop shape*(WHY??)
    2. Enter text/Put each child's name at the bottom of the image
    3. If possible, place a small border around the image

I just want to stamp out a waterdrop shape, not end world hunger!

*(WHY??)
    For "Teacher Appreciation Week", So some "creative type" thought it would be "cute" to make a big watering can, with the text "Thank you for helping us grow" with little water drop shapes coming out of the spout with each child's name on it. Typical me, I thought, "Name Schmame! We're going to take pics of the kids and turn them into the water drop...AND type their name on it...AND put a border around it, just for kicks!...Yea! I can do that...". Well, I can't get it right in Paint.net and there seems to be millions of editing programs out there. I'm SO confused!

I'm in deep here, my "Mom-Rep" is on the line :-o and really could use a suggestion (for freeware, please) on how to do this!

Any and All Help Will Be Greatly Appreciated!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds