Seeking Simple Slide Show Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by qbertprime, Feb 12, 2007.

1. qbertprime

qbertprime Private E-2

Hello.

I seek a program whereby I can simply right-click a folder in Windows Explorer and select "Slideshow" and it will begin a slideshow of all the images in that folder AND all subfolders. It would be a nice bonus if I could adjust the delay between images.

Not needed are transition effects or sound or video or the ability to create an .exe or any of a thousand other things that are included in the dozens and dozens of slideshow programs I have found on the web.

Is anyone familiar with such a program, or are there any Major Geeks that could write one up for me?

Thanks so much for listening, and God bless!

2. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

Hi Qbert and welcome to MG,

If you're using WinXP then there is a screensaver application built-in called "My Pictures Slideshow".

3. ferg46

ferg46 Private First Class

maybe a bit of the point but i find googles programme picassa very helpful and pretty much suits your needs and its free!!

no link as in rush but its easy to find:)

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

If Picsa2 from Google is what ferg46 meant, this is the link. It is a picture manipulating program and does have a slide show

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Picasa2_d4476.html

5. Lanfear

Lanfear Private First Class

adobe photo album also has a slideshow and you can dload for free from adobe

6. dromano

dromano Staff Sergeant

I agree with Musk and ferg46 Picasa2 is great

7. qbertprime

qbertprime Private E-2

Thanks so much for the information, guys! I'm gonna check all those out right now! :D

8. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

Irfanview will also do slideshows and is free.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds