Sees USB drive as system drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by traderjoe, Aug 18, 2008.

1. traderjoe

traderjoe Private E-2

I have 2 Pc's both with Windows XP. I have a flash drive always inserted on 1 and it has no problem booting. On the other when I boot it sees the flash drive as a system drive and I have to remove it and reboot. What should I do so the system bypasses the flash drove on bootup. Thanks[/FONT]

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

I'm betting your BIOS is set to boot from a USB drive before your hard drive. You should be able to get into the BIOS setup usually by pushing the del(ete) key while booting up, but it won't hurt to check your PC/motherboard manufacturer's website to find out which one exactly, as some are different. In the BIOS should be an option to change the boot order. Simply set the USB drive to boot after the hard drive.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds