Selectively apply "Show hidden files and folders"?

Discussion in 'Software' started by shedlord, Nov 20, 2007.

1. shedlord

shedlord Private E-2

Hi,

If we want "Show hidden files and folders" to be active on all folders bar one (Windows XP), is there a way to do this? The setting in View > etc seems to apply across the board.

Reason: PC and Mac users both accessing shared folder. Mac users leave behind a trail of mac catalogue files (DS Store etc) which the PC users see because they have to have "Show hidden files..." on for another reason.

Cheers,

Shedders

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Now, I've never actually applied this, but if you browse to the folder in question, right click, go to Properties, you'll see some boxes you can check for Read Only, Hidden, etc.... select Hidden and see what happens... BUT- don't hold me responsible if the folder becomes inaccessible! Like I said, I've never done this. This is all 'theoretical'. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge in this area will come along.....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds