Selling an old Gateway System: need advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Are-Oh, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Are-Oh

Are-Oh Private E-2

Hello, all. First, I'm NOT trying to sell this oldie on this board, just so that's clear... :)

Anyway, I'm wondering what asking price I should place on this old Gateway 500Mhz PC. You can view details at www.areoh.com/gateway. So far, I've set the price at $100 for selling local.

Just wondering what you all think. Thanks for your time!

2. angelicus5aok

angelicus5aok Private E-2

good luck.
    You may make more parting it out.
    Memory to friends, 50 bucks.
    Drive formatted and protected...50 bucks
    MB (motherboard, not mega bytes)and pci's on e-bay for 50 bucks.
    monitor....keep. (for future use on fixing and updating systems.

Tower, keep power supply, chuck it.
    keep cd rom for testing and a: drive for replacement or testing.

Keyboard and mouse 10 bucks on e-bay or keep for use with backup monitor and testing.

Have a nice day.

3. angelicus5aok

angelicus5aok Private E-2

i was editing after viewing the specs....30 bucks for mem, 40 for drive and maybe 30-40 on mother board...keep the it with the rest however to test drives, you dont need the case, just a good wooden frame to hold it steady when doing so. if that isn't something yuou want to do, e-bay, or continue selling it local.

4. Are-Oh

Are-Oh Private E-2

Thanks for the input, so far!

My web forwarding service isn't working right now so if you can't view the specs, try http://areoh.djcafe.com/gateway

Thanks again!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds