serials and keys

Discussion in 'Software' started by richardcarson1, May 4, 2012.

1. richardcarson1

richardcarson1 Private E-2

other than windows operating system keys, how would i find all other software and application serials and keys that are currently on my computer. running windows xp professional 3

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

> Other than windows operating system keys, how would i find all other software and application serials and keys that are currently on my computer? Running Windows XP professional 3 <

You could try using the Belarc Advisor: Free Personal PC Audit tool. After you download, install and run it; the program will generate an HTML document that; among other things, will also list provide a list of most (if not all) software and application serials and product keys that are currently on your computer. btw - All of your "PC profile" information is kept private on your own PC and is not sent out to any web server. It also provides a categorical listing of your systems components like the HD size, memory amount installed, CPU and your computer's manufacturer's 'Service Tag' (i.e. as in Dell Service Tag, Express Service Code, etc.) which is good to have handy if you want to update your drivers at the computer manufacturer's site; or of you need service from them

Side Notes: Belarc Advisor will also provide an alphabetical list of all of the programs installed on your computer [wherever they are, whatever drive, etc] and provides a tiny hyper link asterisk (*) next to the end of the name of each program which will take you to each installed program's contents by opening that folder! Belarc Advisor will provide also PC users with a full readout of all "successfully" [as well as unsuccessfully] installed hotfixes. I really like this tool. I especially like the fact that users can click on the underlined (*) star in the 'Software Versions' section and then go directly to the folder where the programs are installed. This program is extremely easy to use and is available for download from right here at MajorGeeks at the following link: Click Here

Extra Tip: My Advice would be to make sure that you SAVE the generated HTML document (and/or print it out) for later viewing, etc.
    Good Luck -- COMP​

3. richardcarson1

thanks very much. that worked for me and i had belarc before but had forgot about it. so thanks again.

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I know you are enquiring about non-Windows keys but you might be interested in knowing that the Windows key turned up by Belarc and other keyfinders might not actually be of any use in a reinstallation. On OEM machines the keyfinder is returning a pre-activated key that is embedded in the image the manufacturer used for that batch of machines, not the unique key required for activation. That key is on the COA sticker somewhere on the machine itself and only that key will activate Windows.

5. richardcarson1

the key for windows did indeed come up and matched the key i used when i installed windows. wasnt an oem machine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds