Serious issues with laptop - Clean install of Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by vaosu, Oct 24, 2010.

1. vaosu

vaosu Private E-2

I have a laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium on it. Yesterday I started getting serious issues with it. I got a Blue Screen message, but it was gone quick and couldn't read it, but it wasn't the typical blue screen message. It only had two lines of text at the top left.

Since then my Google Chrome stopped loading pages, including .html saved on my computer, Opera would not open 9 out of 10 times, and Windows Update stopped being able to connect.

I did a fresh reinstall of Windows 7 using the CD's that came with the laptop.

I redownloaded Google Chrome, and still the exact same problem. Windows Update also will not connect. It simply sits on the "Checking for updates..." screen.

The only solution I have found to Google Chrome is to rename Chrome.exe to anything except that. I currently have no antivirus, and firewall is disabled.

2. tony007

tony007 Private E-2

3. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Has this message returned?

O.k. does IE load without issues?

My advice is to not user Chrome, as it's a substandard browser feature wise. also, I have seen in my work more program and Windows conflicts with this browser than any other.

My gut feeling is that you might have a malware issue going on that is starting to rear it's ugly head.

I recommend right now running Malwarebytes and do a full system scan.

I await your answers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds