server 2003 add or remove programs cannot uninstall

Discussion in 'Software' started by vstech, Feb 11, 2008.

1. vstech

vstech Private E-2

the exact error message I get is
    "the installation is forbidden by system policy, contact your administrator"
    I discovered this when trying to get rid of symantec antivirus but nothing else will uninstall either.
    any help as to where to check for a solution?
    tech net is no help, I have searched and searched... nothing seems to be related to anything. no software policies are set, and no add remove policies are set.
    thanks in advance.
    John

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. vstech

vstech Private E-2

oh, I already got the norton uninstaller to remove the norton, but the problem is that something else is blocking uninstalls completely from the add or remove control panel...
    what could be affecting system policy like that? nothing is in the policy to prevent it.:confused:confused:confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds