Server hardware problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by taskwon, Jul 13, 2005.

1. taskwon

taskwon Private E-2

Hey Guys and Gals:
    I have a Compaq Prolaint ML370 server that does not want to turn on.
    Seriously: YES! The power cable is connected and yes I press the Button!
    The Leds on the mother board and Raid card are on but when I press the power button nothing goes on not even the main fan on the tower.
    The interesting thing is that the power leds on the power connectors are off, but the server seems to be getting power.
    Another crazy thing is that there are three small leds lights in the middle of the motherboard and when they go on everything seems to start going, but then they just turn off and the system does not turn on.
    It seems like the system is not holding on to the power charge.
    I have checked all the cabling and everything seems to be on correctly.....at least I thing they are...
    If anyone can help, I would be very grateful...thanks a million!
    The one and only grateful one......TASKWON....."smiling always fixes everything!"

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Try a different power supply. How old is this server?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds