Service Control Manager Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by piotrmaciej, Jul 19, 2008.

1. piotrmaciej

piotrmaciej Private First Class

I have this problem: Newly installed system, all appears well, I surf, I attempt to copy files and move them to another location, I am writing this message to this forum now, and all of a sudden the PC freezes!!!! cannot do anything to sesolve the situation other that to switch off the pc and restart it!!! I check in 'Event Viewer' and it tells me in the list that there is a problem in Service Control Manager, what can be done to eliminate this problem I am experiencing? HELP

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

What is the error ID?(error ID 7xxx)

3. piotrmaciej

The error id is 7000

4. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Can you take a snapshot of the event viewer,and post it here?

5. piotrmaciej

enclosed a snapshot of the page.

Attached Files:

6. piotrmaciej

Re: further problems causing PC to freeze

enclosed another snapshop of yet another problem causing my pc to freeze? any help anyone?

Attached Files:

7. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

8. piotrmaciej

No I do not have any such software 'virtual disk' installed?? this is driving me 'potty' 'insane' how can this be happening this is a newly installed system, could this be a problem relating to the motherboard? or processor even? anyone out there please, computer whizz person??? Help???:cry:cry

9. piotrmaciej

Re: further problems causing PC to freeze/Disk Paging Error Message

This is a further error/warning message in the events view log, now another problem causing my PC to freeze? any ideas what I ought to do??:cry:confused

Attached Files:

10. piotrmaciej

Recovery from a serious error!!!

Further problems, now a blue screen appeared and froze solid affording me time to snap shoot the error!! what could be causing this problem???

Attached Files:

11. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

12. piotrmaciej

Thank you for your instruction............my god just reading the 'what to do' frightens me, I mean 'what if' I think I shall wait for my PC engineer to return from holiday and allow him to do that which is instructed, as I am a bit wary if I attempt to tackle this myself!! I shall be in touch, thanks once again.

13. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

No need to panic.You will not change anything or make it worse.Do you want me to help you?

EDIT :IT'S VERY EASY!!!

First thing to do:right click "My Computer">properties>go to Advanced>and there uncheck"automaticaly restart">click OK-50% is done.
    Now go to this page:http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/installx86.mspx ,and download debuger.Install it on your PC.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  14. piotrmaciej

Okay well yes of course I would love you to help me, I am installing as I write you this message, the 'debugging' tool, what next?

15. piotrmaciej

oops apocalypse!!! got to the end and an error window popped up, take a look!:cry

Attached Files:

16. piotrmaciej

okay well I went to a previous release date as the one I attempted to install April 2008 was giving me these error messages, so yes installed successfully the version date October 2007, what now?? I am panicking!!

17. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

:eek:eekAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.:-D:-D::p

Ok.Now,once you have downloaded and installed these tool, go to start, all programs, Debugging Tools For Windows, Windbg. Once you open Windbg, you will presented with a blank screen. Click on File, Symbol File Path. Here you will enter the symbols path. Symbols are needed to effectively debug.

Now copy-paste this in symbol file path: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

Now, go to File, Save Workspace so that your symbols path is saved for future use. Now what you want to do is locate your memory dumps. They are usually located in %systemroot%/minidump (in my case C:/windows/minidump).

If you notice, they are usually named the date, and then a -*number* to indicate the order of minidumps that day. My example is called Mini061904-01.dmp (it happened today).

Inside of Windbg, go to File, Open Crash Dump and load the file. You will get a message to save base workspace information. Choose no.

Now you will get a debugging screen. Now it takes a little bit to run it, as the symbols have to be downloaded as they are needed.

18. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Then you will see information such as:

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.3.0017.0
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini061904-01.dmp]
    Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
    Executable search path is:
    Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 (Service Pack 1) UP Free x86 compatible
    Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
    Built by: 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633
    Kernel base = 0x804d4000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x80543530
    Debug session time: Sat Jun 19 19:06:57 2004
    System Uptime: 0 days 1:03:36.951
    Loading Kernel Symbols
    ....................................................................................................................................
    Loading unloaded module list
    Loading User Symbols
    *******************************************************************************
    * Bugcheck Analysis *
    *******************************************************************************

19. piotrmaciej

Hello there, I am having a little trouble, I have got to the stage of(check out my screenshot) and now what?? even though your instructions are clear cut and so so perfectly easy to execute I appear not to be getting further past than the screen shot?? HELP

Attached Files:

20. piotrmaciej

Okay well, got a bit further, to the 'open crash dump' but cannot ascertain the relevant file to LOAD? you say in your instruction that it will have a date set aside it??? I cannot see a date, this blue screen error occurred yesterday, can you assist me further, I appreciate your assitance............BIG TIME!! where in the world are you by the way?

Attached Files:

21. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

On the left,you have from top to bottom:recent ,desktop,my document,my computer,right?
    Now,press my computer,go to C partition,go to windows folder and find folder"minidump"

BTW-Skopje Macedonia

22. piotrmaciej

Yes found them in the minidump folder, so now what?:confused you'll have to forgive me for being so naive, PC's are not my forte!! Thank heavens you are so obliging, and by the way, Macedonia, beautiful place.

23. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Click Opne to apear in Debugger.You will see the crash log.Save the log in your folder i.e desktop,and post here.

24. piotrmaciej

click where 'open'? I have opened the 'open source file' and a bunch of stuff opens up but what do I click in order to view the dump log??? this just gets more difficult as it goes on, for you EASY as pie, for me PERPLEXING!!!

Attached Files:

25. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Open debugger>click file>Open crashdump>On the left,you have from top to bottom:recent ,desktop,my document,my computer,right?
    Now,press my computer,go to C partition,go to windows folder and find folder"minidump"
    Click Open to apear in Debugger.You will see the crash log.Save the log in your folder i.e desktop,and post here.

26. piotrmaciej

Hello again, well I do not know if I saved the logs properly, I could not see anywhere to save the log file, however I took a print screen shot, and here are the 2 logs which I located, do they tell you anything? I am lead to believe it could be my memory modules? what say you to this??:cry

Attached Files:

27. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Under probably caused by(I can't read this):ntkrpa..

28. piotrmaciej

Sorry, you say you cannot read it? does that mean therefore that you do not know from where this freezing and blue screen business stems? I thought this would tell you all, should I be doing something differently? I am no nearer to solving this problem.

29. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

I mean,CAN you help me?I can't read cos it's very blurish,so can YOU see in the log what .exe is and post here?

30. piotrmaciej

okay well the PC screen went blue again, here are the log entries:

Log 1 Probably caused by : Hardware

Log 2 Probably caused by: ntkrpanp.exe(nt!kiunlinkthread+53)

Log 3 Probably caused by: siwinacc.sys(siwinacc+17ef)

what on earth all this means is quite beyond me!!! I by the way thinking that my ram modules might be to blame, removed them and installed new modules, and yet the PC went to the Blue screen shortly after I started working on it, therefore I do not think it is the Memory Ram Modules???

31. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

I found that:SiWinAcc.sys- SATAlink Driver Accelerator

So I think you need to uninstall your chipset drivers(I think it's Nvidia),and reinstall them again.
    Check your memory with this:http://majorgeeks.com/MemTest_d350.html

1. Click Start, and then Run.
    2. In Open, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
    To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, at the command prompt, type chkdsk volume:/r, and then press ENTER.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
    Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)
    Type Y, and then press ENTER to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

32. piotrmaciej

Hello Goran,what a nightmare it's been, my PC has completely frozen and is not even allowing me to do anything when I boot in BIOS!! that is to say, the blue bios screen appears but I cannot use the keys to locate and command the actions! I am now using my laptop to work and communicate! My PC engineer returns from abroad on August 5th so he shall no doubt be able to do something when he returns, thank you for analyzing the logs and when he returns then I shall pass accross your comments, I shall definitely be in touch, thank you once again, thank heavens for people like you!!!:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds